when will i get my gender ultrasound

i am 17 weeks almost 18. i go to the doc wed . they say its just a check up but shouldnt i be getting my gender ultrasound soon?? i am soo worried i want to know so bad...

jannaboo

Asked by jannaboo at 7:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got mine at 19 weeks and 3 days. I have a list of when my schedules are and mine is called an anatomy sonogram so thats when they view the gender at my hospital. When you go in for an anatomy sonogram at my hosp they have they more "high tech" ultra sound machines, and have a Doctor/Sonographer where thats their specific job, to look at the baby head to toe...

Oh hang in there, it'll be soon probably, i had many sleepless nights thinking of what if its a girl or what if its a boy, which is fun to find out, but whats more fun is seeing its heart beat watching him move and stuff like that. even if you dont find the gender out at ur next appointment knowing ur baby is healthy will be most important

GOOD LUCK
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• you usually get it around 20 weeks....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I got mine at 20 weeks. They'll probably schedule it at your next appointment!
    AshlieTolliver

Answer by AshlieTolliver at 7:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• 20 WEEKS SOUNDS RIGHT
    Anonymous

• anatomy sonograms are preformed generally between 18-20w. after this point it becomes more difficult to get all the proper measurements of the baby. for this reason my doctor has always had me go at 18-19w. If they do ultrasounds in the room where your prenatal visits are I would assume they'd do it at your next visit. If its done off sight they'll give you a script this visit and have you schedule in the next 2 weeks... hang in there! its almost time!! ( I know it can seem like forever... Im 17w and have my U/S in 2 weeks! I cant wait!!)

RippledBegonias

Answer by RippledBegonias at 7:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2009