what do you do with your 8 month old?

my son is 8 months old, and i try to play with him as much as i can but he just loves to crawl all over the house. he is very content just playing with his toys on his own. is that okay? sometimes i feel like a bad parent because im not playing with him all day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it's natural for babies to start exploring their worlds at that age. Mine is 7 months and I feel bad too because she'd rather play with toys all day and crawl to the unknown (lol) than sit and play with me. What I do is play with her while she's eating. After she eats, she doesn't mind sitting in her highchair for a while so I'll do little things like peekaboo or put soft blocks on the tray for her to play with, or read her those little one word books. But even then, it only lasts about half an hour til she's ready to get down.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My eight month old is VERY comfortable playing on her own. She's learning to be independent and explore, which is great. I do get down on the floor to play with her, but she crawls over me and moves on. LOL It's perfectly normal; don't feel bad.
    LKRA

Answer by LKRA at 8:49 AM on Jul. 21, 2009