• In the Spotlight:

creative people: how can I make a little potty?

DD loves her teddy bears, dolls, and all her other stuffed animals. They do everything she does. She pushes them in her stroller, buckles them up in the car, breastfeeds them, wears them in a sling, spoon feeds them, diapers them, etc. She asked me to put her teddy on the potty -we're potty training. But the toilet is way too wide for any of her toys. I think even the starter plastic potties are. So I'm trying to think of how to make my own mini potty for her dolls. Suggestions on materials?

jus1jess

Asked by jus1jess at 7:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Why not just get a little plastic bucket?
    Anonymous

• Measuring cup as the pee holder and then you cna just put some material around it to look like a "seat". Maybe take an old poptart size/shape box and cut a circle in it for the potty then have your dauther help you decoarte it.
    Anonymous

• those stackable rings in the shapes of donuts. Do you know what I'm talking about. They come in a rainbow of colors, the biggest on bottom and the smallest on top, babies stack them? When I was a kid I used those as potties for my "babies". They were also life rafts. And giant donuts =]
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 8:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2009