am I being selfish?

I go in for an ultrasound tomorrow and a BIG part of me wants the doctor to tell me I need to be induced immediately. I will be 38 weeks and 3 days but I measure 35 weeks. I'm ready to be done! I really do want this child out! I don't know how some woman can have one kid right after another. I can't take being pregnant!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know the feeling. I'm 39 weeks and 6 days. It's not being selfish, it's being anxious and wanting to feel "normal" again.
    sarajrcart

Answer by sarajrcart at 7:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I want everything to be ok with the baby and that's why I think its selfish... if I NEED to be induced, it will be because there is something wrong... but oh my goodnesss!!!!!!!! I JUST WANT HER OUT!!!!!!
    chases_mommy

Answer by chases_mommy at 7:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• they will not induce u just because you ask, but I totally no what u mean, I'm done to!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 7:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I'm only 31 and a half weeks and I'm getting really tired of being pregnant. I'm sorry!! I don't think they will induce you, but ask.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 7:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• if you ask to be induced and the baby is big enough and positioned right they WILL induce you if you just tell them that your totally uncomfortable and simply can't handle it anymore.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• 37-40 weeks is considered full term so there's no harm in asking. I had to stand on my dr.'s head and scream at him to have an elective c section done next week pending a positive outcome on my amnio and I'll be 36 weeks at that time. BUT I'm anemic, have placenta previa with massive complications so it's too dangerous to go into labor on my own. You're in the "safe zone" time wise so don't be shy to ask and no one knows your body better than you do.

Also keep in mind if you go too long, you risk having your baby swallow meconium (baby's first bowel movement) which happened with my first child and he ended up in the icu for two weeks after delivery.
    Anonymous

• I'm not going to ask cause dh job is gonna have issues if I do go early but the placenta might not be functioning properly or there might not be enough amniotic fluids so the doctor might say we need to... a big part of me wants that to be the case!
    Anonymous

• well unless they feel the need they probably wont...but i know how you feel. Today was my due date and still no baby! Then we thought we were going to induce tomorrow..now we aren't...so i completely understand being done
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 1:08 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I know how you feel I don't know how women have babies back to back i have an almost 7 month old and every time i see a big pregnant women im thankful its not me lol
    LilGina

Answer by LilGina at 2:51 AM on Jul. 21, 2009