Can a newborn sleep in a portable crib at night for the first few months?

shandyeddie

Asked by shandyeddie at 7:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes, my son slept in a dresser drawer for the first few months (no we didn't close the drawer on him! LOL

Answer by admckenzie at 7:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Sure, you mean like a Pack N Play? We were going to do that with our daughter, but we didn't get one before she was born. Some Pack N Plays come with bassinet attachments, you could use that until they're too big for it. If the baby is sleeping on the playpen level, make sure you dress them a little bit warmer than you would if they were in a regular crib or bassinet. It's colder on the floor.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Yes, I have a pack n play with a bassinet on top (the graco nouvelle) and a changing table (that looks a little faulty so I might not use). It's BEAUTIFUL and I can't wait til my LO gets here to put him in it. Back in the 30's and 40's babies would be sleeping in dresser drawers (opened) and as long as they are in a safe place and are kept warm, it's fine.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 7:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009