Is there anything I can do about five or six kids playing right outside my daughter's window?

There's no adult in sight. It's getting dark. They're loud. My daughter is trying to sleep. I've asked them to knock it off or move to another spot more than once.

Blah.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• try calling the cops? They are disrupting the peace.
    Anonymous

• My guess is once it's dark, they will go home. If they don't call their parents. (assuming you know who the kids belong to.)

Anonymous

• i'd just say, "i already asked you all once to be quiet. i don't mind you playing out here during the day, but it's getting late, my daughter is trying to sleep and she can't with you all out here being so noisy. either go home or i'll have to call your parents." ...or the cops, if you don't know whose kids they are.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 7:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Are they in your yard or do you live in apartments? Did you go outside? Ask them their names?
    Anonymous

• how old are they?
    Anonymous

• Take the little disrespectful brats by the ear and drag thier butts home. I have done it before. It pissed two of the 4 parents off that I touched thier kid, but they don't play outside of my house at 10:00 pm anymore.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 8:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• If you get the answer to that, let me know! We live in an apartment and the ONLY time the neighbors kids are outside are nap and bedtime, I swear! And, for whatever reason, they play right outside my front door or in the back parking lot right around my girls' bedroom window...gah!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Certain government agencies have used this technique, and I've done it, too. I must say that it is certainly effective...play classical music. They will move on!
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 8:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• call the parents or the cops i had this problem with some old neighbors i put my boys in bed and these 2 kids would come over by their window and play and tell my boys to come out. i took the kids back home and told the parents that this has to stop....and that was it
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 8:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• 3gifts.from.god
    Take the little disrespectful brats by the ear and drag thier butts home. I have done it before. It pissed two of the 4 parents off that I touched thier kid, but they don't play outside of my house at 10:00 pm anymore.

i like this answer!
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2009