pregnancy/sex/husband

So this is my first pregnancy. I am excited and enjoying it for the most part. But I feel depressed i guess ... my sex drive is low and i never want to. It seems like its been a month and prob has since the last time we had sex. He wants to and mentions it maybe once a week. I guess i am scared he is going to cheat or have a fantasy about other girls he comes in contact with. And of course that doesnt want me to jump in the bed with him. He would never cheat on me I know. Who else isdealing with low sex drive and how are you coping? I want to feel sexy... and let it be fun. It upsets me I am going through this and have no one to talk to about it. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had a low sex drive in the beginning but then my boyfriend told me it was getting boring and i know he would also never cheat on me...into my 5th month i got extremely "excited" all the time and i wanted to try new things since it had been a while for us...i bought edible massage oil and we use it all the time now he loves it and im beginning to feel better about myself becasue like you i was so depressed in the beginning from my changing body i tought i looked fat and ugly...
    Anonymous

• Tell your husband your fears and concerns. What you're feeling is common, but he may not know that.
    thinline

Answer by thinline at 8:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I understand! I haven't felt like it in a long while! my fiance was into it at first but now that i'm 7 months he really isn't that interested because of the baby! the doctor's say it is great to have sex while pregnant but i honestly feel uncomfortable and i'm sort of happy he doesn't feel up to it lately! lol! we do a lot of cuddling and other intimate acts, but the sex will have to wait! I was upset at first since I felt like I was disappointing him, but once we talked, he understood and just wants a happy, healthy baby like I do....so we are going to wait! Baby was starting to move around too much the times we did have sex and I think that's what freaked him out a bit! I figure there's other ways to please your man and for now, that will have to do! Good Luck!
    tinac79

Answer by tinac79 at 8:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• that's exactly how i've been the whole time i've been pregnant so far (i'm 23 weeks). just make sure your hubby knows it's not him, it's the hormones. my SO has been great about it, even though it seems that he's hornier than ever. i've just been extra-genorous with the bjs. haha. no reason for him to be unhappy just 'cause i'm not in the mood.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2009