Anyone using Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo?

I've never been on birth control (I'm 38) but after this little guy, we would like to stop. My husband is actually afraid to have sex with me since he just heard yesterday that his brother's wife is having number 5 - he thinks his family has "super sperm" :) Anyway, I'm wondering about side effects and how people have felt on it and how effective... My other issue is my mom has ovarian cancer and she also has the gene - so I really have to watch for both ovarian and breast cancer....
Thanks for all help!!

amw529

Asked by amw529 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Health

• I use to take Ortho tri lo. I did not like it.... it seemed to make me more hormonal. I switched to Loestrin 24 and loved that one. I am pregnant now... but i quit taking bc 5 months before i got preg. To me... looking back on orhto tri lo made me feel how i feel now... a hormonal preg lady. hahaha. I am 27. Everyone is diff. try it out... if you dont like it i suggest Loestrin 24.
    abshorn

Answer by abshorn at 8:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• ive been on it for just about 2 months.. i dont like it at all. i was at the same weight for a year n a half and right after i started ortho tri cyclen i started gaining weight like crazy,, im not eating anymore then usual.. just gaining weight. ive gained 12lbs in & weeks! not liking it at all....and ive bled for probly 5 weeks out of the time ive been on it.... i personally would not recomend it, im switching bc next week.. so happy for it haha
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 10:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2010