So now that he apologizes, can you admit it was racist? are we TOO sensitive about race STILL?

Instead of getting your backs all up because someone is being called a racist, why not actually judge if it is or not? Why did everyone freak out so bad (along party lines hmmm) when I asked if he was a racist? We have to be able to speak HONESTLY when it comes to race in order to go forward, defending his comments blindly makes fools of all of us...

Brian Kilmeade apologized Monday for controversial comments he made on the July 8 episode of "Fox and Friends."

Kilmeade apologized this morning, saying "I made comments that were offensive to many people. That was not my intention, and looking back at those comments I realize they were inappropriate. For that I sincerely apologize. America [is a] huge melting pot, and that is what makes us such a great country..."

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• SOME of us are a wee bit over sensitive! The rest of us have evolved over the past 150+ years, to where it is a non-issue. SOME people have nothing unless they pull the race card. So sad.
    Anonymous

• Of COURSE he apologized. He HAD too. Someone got their panties in twist about it (knowing what he was TRYING to say, he just got it out wrong!) so he had to apologize. SO sick of everyone having to apologize.....well, along party lines in any case. You can insult Sarah palin and her family, Bush and his family, let me find some clips of the god awful things some of the people that give commentary on MSNBC have said, as long as you don't insult a black person, a gay person, or a liberal...your good!

Anonymous

He didn't insult a black person, he referred to a "pure race" and referred to inter-racial couples as marrying outside their species...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My three yr old told me that everyone needs a pacifier...a big one. I am thinking...hes right. Everyone in the world needs a big ol passy to shut them up because their a big ol bunch of whining babies. That should bring about "world peace".
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• ummm I am sorry what he said was AWFUL!!! it reminded me of Hitler and his "pure race" theories

Anonymous

• Is there a link to what he said...I have not heard that? Yes I am sensitive about race when many women say things like interracial relationships are wrong. I love my husband and there is no reason my children should be made to feel like crap because they are not one race...who is honestly!

By the way I hate it when people assume I align with the democrat or liberal party....if I remember my schooling democrats were for slavery...not a plus to me!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 8:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• he was talking about genetics and health issues between races. We are a species. What is the BIG DEAL???? get over it. the species = the human race. The topic was about health issues within races, therefore by saying outside of your specie, it is outside of your race.

what's next....dog breeders can't call a female dog a bitch? The Jew fish will be renamed not to offend Jewish people? Seriously, people are way too sensitive.

Anyone can take things out of context and twist them to meet their own insecurities. I believe he apologized because his PR people told him to because sensitive people got their undies in a bunch.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 8:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It was NOT taken out of comtext, it was HIS words about PURE RACES and marrying other SPECIES...Sorry that was a whole line of thought that went together, not one random thing word he misspoke
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I didn't say that he didn't say those words. I meant that people take his words out of the topic or context of what is being said and twist them into something negative.

Since when is Species a bad word? big deal. I'm over it. YOU are focusing on the words as being negative and not listening to the topic. If there is proof that diseases are higher in people of mixed races, then of course he is going to say that pure races will have less diseases, therefore marrying your same species is ideal for potentially healthier offspring. oops, is offspring a bad word too? It was a medical discussion and these are scientific terms/words. Nothing to get offended by! seriously, what is the big deal?

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 8:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Since when is Species a bad word?

When someone would talk of a PERE RACE and talk of how there were so many in America MARRYING OUTSIDE THEIR SPECIES, THATS WHEN

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2009