Soldier deserved to get caught???

retired Lt. Col. Ralph Peters suggesting before all the facts are known, that maybe the Taliban should do us a solid by killing the captured Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl. At

PETERS: I want to be clear. If, when the facts are in, we find out that through some convoluted chain of events, he really was captured by the Taliban, I'm with him. But, if he walked away from his post and his buddies in wartime, I don't care how hard it sounds, as far as I'm concerned, the Taliban can save us a lot of legal hassles and legal bills.

This is about the captured soldier , I will see If I can find the video

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Makes me want to vomit...
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I understand his reaction, but that is harsh and unkind!! It is a terrible thing for any person caught by the Taliban. On the other hand, if this guy did shirk his duty, it does seem crazy that the military will risk lives and money to rescue him. He shouldn't have left his job and put himself in that position. (Honestly I have heard very little about this situation and this is the first time I have heard he may have left his post). BUT, the comment was wrong to make.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• This guy knows NOTHING about what happened, talks of NOT passing judgement...Then calls him a liar and a collaborator!!! WTH? He was reading what they gave him....This man is disgusting

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• They said that he befriended some afgans (sp?)  and left to meet them and that was per msnbc.com . He left his base and soldiers. No it's not okay  to be held at your will but really??? That's not very smart IMO.

mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I thought this was the Soldier that went to a bar, got drunk and then kidnapped. Is this him?
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• alot of soldiers make friends there...I don't know what happened anymore than that guy did. I would never assume the worst...If he was captured because he was naive or stupid, I don't wish him ill will...it makes it still the same amount of sad.....People are so freakin judgemental, If your life was in danger everyday I would love to see how You (the collective you) would react!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• You know what war is about right sweet-a-kins?? Defeating the enemy not making friends. Almost my whole family of Men are in the Military and you make friends with your fellow soldiers not the enemy. Of course I don't wish him any harm but come on....if it's true that's just plain stupid on his part. They want to be friendly with you to get you to talk.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

THEY as a whole are NOT "THE ENEMY"! THEY have MANY MANY MANY INNOCENT civilians....Our war is with the terrorists, the talibal, Al Qeda....Maybe you should ask one of the men in your family...
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I don't think he means that. I don't think his head is in the right place.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 9:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2009