Obama says "I want this done now" about his Healthcare plan - dictating or representing??!!

Obama said "We can't afford the politics of delay and defeat when it comes to health care" Is he ignoring what people want and ironing out the logistics just to flex his Presidential muscle?

He went on to say "This isn't about me. This isn't about politics. This is about a health care system that is breaking America's families, breaking America's businesses and breaking America's economy." You have to ask yourself - what about jobs? People typically get insurance as a benefit of most full-time jobs. With unemployment at a high and still growing, shouldn't we question the trillions in stimulus that intended to open jobs?

This UHC plan is like kicking us while we're already down, yet Obama wants it passed BY THE END OF THE YEAR!!!! Where is the bi-partisanship and representing what American people WANT??? Is this the beginning of dictatorship?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_health_care_overhaul

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 8:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Maybe you haven't read about in awhile, UHC is OFF the table! This is about a public option that could be bought into

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• seemingly so. i have friends leaving the country
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Dictating. He's running out of time to push his "promises" through! His approval ratings have been in the negative in recent weeks, congressmen/women are being "challenged" by their constituents, people are fed up, so Obama NEEDS to pass the Cap and Trade and Health Care whatever passed before the August recess.

I have a strong feeling that we'll hear the truth about how bad things really are IF or after these bills pass! Keep leaning on your Senators and tell them to vote "NO!"

Tell them if they still want to be a politician in November 2010 to VOTE NO!!!! It's pretty simple! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• BTW, this is what I'm referring to when I say Obama's approval index is in the negative!!

Since June 30th, his approval index has been NEGATIVE!  People have had enough!!!

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Sweet-a-kins --- "Maybe you haven't read about in awhile, UHC is OFF the table! This is about a public option that could be bought into"

Um, Hello???  He wants the House and Senate to vote before AUGUST RECESS so he can have a bill to sign in OCTOBER!!!!  maybe YOU haven't read about it in a while!!!! 

"UHC is OFF the table"  HAHAHAHAHA -  I WISH!!!!

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 8:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Dictating...pubs were shut out ..yeah all that bipartisanship and transparency HA.I agree that most people do NOT want this...Obama does not give a crap neither do the ones in there for it.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Um, Hello??? He wants the House and Senate to vote before AUGUST RECESS so he can have a bill to sign in OCTOBER!!!! maybe YOU haven't read about it in a while!!!! YUPPERS and the vote is NOT on UHC...

"UHC is OFF the table" HAHAHAHAHA - I WISH  IT IS!

and what do you think of Jim DeMint saying ""If we're able to stop Obama on this, it will be his Waterloo, it will break him and we will show that we can along with the American people, begin to push those freedom solutions that work in every area of our society." 

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• he wants to be in history books for doing things other presidents didn't. he doesn't care about what state he leaves us in. He doesn't care about us, he only cares about himself and what will be left on paper in 50 years. that is, if we can afford paper.
    Anonymous

• sweet - did you READ the link I posted, or are you just looking at words and WHO wrote them again?

The article I posted was IN RESPONSE to DeMint's comments.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 9:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• OMG SWEETAKINS!!! get your head out of the sand!!!!! you are like a sheep following the Obama herd!!!
    Anonymous