For all the SAHM's out there...

What does ur hubby or yourself do so that you cna stay home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hubbys military.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 8:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• my hubbie works for a supplier for Hyundi motors welding
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My husband is a Utility Lineman. We choose to be a one income family - I am always looking for ways to make a few of extra bucks... but we don't 'need' it. I am VERY blessed!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I don't think it has so much to do with his actual job as the fact that we're good with our money. We've made smart decisions with our finances that allow us to be comfortable without me having an income.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 8:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It is not hubby's job. He is in sales, but like MommyAddie I would have to say it is how we handle the finances. Money is so tight and we are barely making it right now. But I cook everything from scratch, cut coupons, shop sales, wear old clothes, buy clothes from garage sales for the kids, no cable, no internet (internet access is through his blackberry from the company he works for). We buy used cars. No vacations (well we had one this summer, first time in 7 years), no movies or entertainment that costs money (gift cards are great for birthdays and anniversaries - we use them to go out).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• The most important thing we did to PLAN for my staying home to raise our son was to not get a house we couldn't afford on just his income.

I knew when we were house hunting I wanted to be a SAHM and so we didn't buy a home including any income of mine.

I also don't shop for entertainment. I make meal plans and write a list to grocery shop by. I shop at Walmart and Costco and Winco.

We don't go out to the movies and restaurants much. (Eat out maybe twice a month at a Shari's and go to a movie once every six months or so.)

Clothes are bought only on a needed basis, not just because it was last year's style.

Consignment stores or end of season sales at department stores for our son's clothes.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My Husband works for Nissan and Infiniti. I just became a SAHM about 6 months ago and for the last year I worked we pretending to only have one income. Everything I made that year went to pay off debt and the rest went into savings. We made sure we could do it comfortably with only one income before taking that step. Now I make TuTu's and accessories for babies, toddlers and girls for extra spending money so we don't tap into our savings.

mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• He's a Market Research Analyst in Pharma
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 8:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• MY hubby works his butt off at work but it wasn't enough to take care of everything :( I just recently started working my own home business and on top of his FT during the day he helps me out whenever he can!! I am so fortunate to have such a Supportive hubby!!!
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 8:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I got laid off in April and I am currently working for Internet CEO Moms. I LOVE working with them and it allows me to stay home with my Little Man. Check my website out at www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com and I would love to introduce the business if you are interested! :-)
    Alyssa M.
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 9:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2009