Tmi? sorry

I was usuing the bathroom and I noticed really bright red blood in my bowel movement should I be worried or only if its happens again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Health

• Go to the doctor asap, you could have problems with you gastrointestinal tract and you need to get it checked out even if it doesn't happen again. The last thing you need is to find out you have a tear in your intestines.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 8:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I had this 1 time and the dr. told me that bright red blood usually means a tear around your anus from a large piece or hemmroids. He said that dark blood is bad, but if it is a lot of blood you need to have it checked out. A small tear or hemmroid would cause a small amount of blood in the toilet and blood when you wipe, but if it is enough to turn the water red that is too much.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 8:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i wouldnt wait till next time see your dr...it could be hemorrhoids or ulcer, or possibly serious problems. i had occasional blood in my stools and went to dr and had the scopes done at both ends(not fun) but i had a bleeding ulcer in my lower stomach...
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 8:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It's probably hemorrhoids. Sometimes hemmorrhoids hurt, sometimes not. Usually you can see them. Take a mirror and look and see if you can see a lump thing. They happen when you are pregnant and aren't anything to worry about. You see a lot of blood in the toilet. It looks like more than it is. If you are pregnant you can talk to your HCP about it at your next visit.

Sometimes they happen when you aren't pregnant. They can come and go and you don't have to have surgery or anything.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 8:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Dark blood that looks like coffee ground is when you worry about ulcer or GI bleeds. The blood is dark because it has been exposed to the digestive system. Bright red blood is blood that comes from right at the opening. A tear hurts.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 8:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2009