How can I stand out?

I landed an interview for a civil service city clerk position. The top 10 are being interviewed. I am excited, but nervous! There is only one position being filled, and I really want to be that person!

What kinds of questions will they ask? What will they be looking for? How can I do an outstanding job with the interview so that I might actually be the one?

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 8:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• be ready for them to ask you why you want the job, how your better than others, what your biggest flaw is, how long you plan on staying...

and i know it seems simple but walk in there like a million bucks, confident and SMILE. at the end of my interview they commented on how much i smiled and laughed with them
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I'm not sure what they are going to ask you, but on almost every interview i've ever been to , this question seems to pop-up on me....."Where you you see yourself in five years?" Take some time to think about that one. Most Interveiws requires fast thinking & short but to the point answers. Just try not to be nervous and be yourself. Good luck i hope you get it. :)
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• my fiance just interviewed for a posistion where they asked what his biggest flaw is.
    Anonymous

• Here was my best question … “what was the best criticism you have ever received?” …. Make good eye contact, pause before answering, answer the question…. Don’t ramble…. Good luck...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 11:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2009