Should he resign NOW??

COLUMBIA, S.C. — South Carolina legislators say Gov. Mark Sanford's travel spending needs scrutiny, following an Associated Press review that showed he was booked on pricey flights despite laws that say state employees must travel as cheaply as possible.

"That's a big problem," said state Sen. Kevin Bryant, a Republican from Anderson and former Sanford ally. "Certainly when the average South Carolinian couldn't afford first-class, there's no reason they should be paying for someone else to be flying on a first-class ticket."

Records show the Republican governor charged the state $8,687 for the Delta Air Lines trip that included a leg in business class while other state employees spent less than $2,000 each on economy seats for the Brazil flight. The governor last month reimbursed the state for $3,300 tied to the Argentina portion of that South America trip.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Sure, why not? It's what you want to hear, right?
    Anonymous

• I don't know about resignation, but he damn well better pay back the money!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

you can't even get over your party affialiation for this douche"? Please, his OWN friends are saying step down...This is a perversion of what a politician is supposed to be...Him and Blago could be cell mates for all I care, just GET HIM OUT OF THE GOVERNMENT!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Unfortunately, sweet-a-kins, aren't most politicians complete perversions of what they're supposed to be? I think now we just catch more and more of them in the act. What he did do was pretty craptastic, though.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

Yes, and when they get CAUGHT, that should be it!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I thought he needed to go when busted running around on his wife.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Yes, and when they get CAUGHT, that should be it!

So, you think Clinton should have been impeached? Monica was in/around the Oval Office while he was "on the clock", wasn't she?
    And for the OP, I do think he needs to step down/resign. But I have been saying this all along. Your article doesn't change my stance.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• So, you think Clinton should have been impeached? Monica was in/around the Oval Office while he was "on the clock", wasn't she? And for the OP, I do think he needs to step down/resign. But I have been saying this all along. Your article doesn't change my stance.

Billy didn't disappear and leave no one in charge on more than one occasion, he also didn't get caught charging money from the taxpayers to visit his side piece (see he was being economical with an intern! LOL) . His staff could always get in touch with Clinton, not so Mr. Sanford.

He didn't admonish another politicain that got caught abd tell him he should resign, that was Mark Sanford who said If a man can't be trusted to abide by the promised he made to his wife , how could you expect him to keep his promise to his constituents.

But the most egregious, telling the people that you are FRUGAl, you didn't want that darn stimulus money it

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• he also didn't get caught charging money from the taxpayers to visit his side piece

He redefined the word "is" while on the clock, in government property..  That wasn't fiscally responsbile use of taxpayer money. and he lied about the entire ordeal~thus mocking the American People.  Twist it however you may. It has become obvious you are a diehard follower of the left.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Well sweet I agree with you on this one. I think he should have resigned after he got caught cheating. Our leaders should be held to a higher standard, imo. If they can't even be faithful to their wife and family why should we think they will be "faithful" to us?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2009