How do you deal with incredibly negative people?

My sister lives with us and she is so negative. She is always smacking her son around and yelling at him about stupid things. I would call CPS but I don't really want them in my house plus it's hard to prove anything bc she is so good at being fake! I want her out but I told her she could stay for the upcoming school year.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't really know what you can do about her negativity, try to stay positive and block out her negativity as much as you can. As for her smacking her son around, this would really upset me! Maybe you could try saying something like "the house rule is no hitting the children".
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 8:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I would love her. Give her a thousand hugs, kisses, and compliments per day. Kill her with kindness and tell her its time to change her life and get happy.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• First I'd tell her that if she smacks her kid again in my house or in my view her sorry ass would be OUT of my house. There is no excuse for child abuse. That child is probably hoping you will help stop the abuse and you are turning a blind eye? That's just wrong. Stand up for that child since the child can't stand up for him/herself. There are some great books about how to deal with negative ppl. Normally I'd look the titles up but I'm so upset over you allowing child abuse to go on bc you don't want cps in your home. So do it yourself. If you won't help a child then I'm not helping you. you should be ashamed of yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jul. 21, 2009