I feel so bad for my dd!!!

Ok so my dd turns three this Saturday and we are having a party for her but, I am a SAHM and don't really know anyone with kids so there are gonna be two other kids there besides my dd and i just feel awful...anyone have any suggestions of a way for my dd to make some friends a group of somekind maybe? I live in the portland oregon area...

momofone072506

Asked by momofone072506 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• if u are putting her in preschool she will make plenty of friends there. i dont do parties with friends only with family until they get older and want the sleepovers. also if u have a ymca they usually have dance classes and things like that or the park district too.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 8:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I had the very same problem. My daughter only had 2 other kids at her 1st,2cd, and 3rd birthdays. Then at 3 I put her in a mother's morning out class 2 days a weeks and her 4th b-day there was like 10 kids. She didn't her 5th b-day party because it was during all that swine flu stuff and all the schools around here closed down. But even at her 3rd she was fine with just 2 kids there.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 8:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Join the Oregon Moms group on CafeMom. I live in the Salem, Oregon area and know that a lot of moms are near you. They could suggest things to do in the area, too.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 9:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My son didn't have a kids party until he was in 3rd grade. It was only relatives and my friends. She'll have fun with less kids anyway. Just enjoy the day.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• my dd is going to turn 3 in late OCT.. I feel the same way. she only has 3 kids her age (me & 2bffs all got pregnant months apart! 1 had twins) ... It makes planning a fun bday party for a 3yo HARD! We want to do cool things with her but its horrible when you go to rent a kiddie room & the only prices they have are for 20 kids! :(
    We spent $200 last yr for a bounce place. the twins mom ended up sick. my other friend had to work. so dd only had 4 other kids at her bday party & we didnt know them well.. my MIL invited them since we had plenty of kid space :(
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• This is one of those things that us mommies worry about. I have stressed myself out over birthday parties. My oldests 3rd bday was spent at home with a couple of friends and many of our adult friends. We cooked up some good food, gave her some presents and she had a blast. She dressed up in her cinderella dress up and knew it was special day. I made her a cake, we had balloons and streamers....it was really simple but she had a ball. I was concerned about my second daughter, we had moved a month before her birthday. I was very sad that I couldnt give her a great party. I decorated the dining room with a bunch of balloons, all the party stuff and put her presents on the table. We sang happy birthday to her and she was as happy as a little lark. She was so excited. Dont stress yourself about the party...as for meeting moms. Go to meetup.com and look for sahm groups. I joined one when I moved here and have been pleased with it
    vivianasmom

Answer by vivianasmom at 12:19 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Mine's 2 and we only do family. At this age, they prefer ALL of the attention anyway. Once she's in school, we will have fun friend parties.
    renrut3907

Answer by renrut3907 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2009