Immediate help needed please!!

Emma (15m) is going through separation anxiety and while it started a couple weeks ago, its being heightened by the fact that we started putting her to bed and naps while she was awake. She took it fairly decently at first (for a baby who could scream for two hours straight on a car ride) but now she's absolutely panicked. She's screaming right now. The reason we started this is because us putting her down resulted in her rolling around, poking us in the eye and generally doing everything to stay awake. When it became obvious that we were more of a hinderance than help, we just put her in her crib after her nap and bedtime routine...plus I could do this guilt free knowing that this was for the best. But nots its just exasperated her anxiety. I cannot be the only person with this problem but I can't find anything about actually putting the baby to bed with regard to separation anxiety. Help please! She's so upset!

mrs_pulley

Asked by mrs_pulley at 8:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Sorry I wish I could help.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 8:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• You just have to keep doing it. She will get used to it. Have soft music playing while she is falling asleep. A nightlight that gives a soft glow. Give her a blanket or favorite stuffed animal to sleep with.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009