What do you think of moms who let their babies have pacifiers?

Just wondering. I was at the store today. My 2 month old had his paci. and some lady said his teeth will be jacked up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL, that is such a myth. Ignore the ignorant folks.

Anonymous

• We took our son's away at six months and his teeth are straight.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My ds took his paci until he was 3, he has the best teeth of any of my kids, the straightest too. I really don' t think there is any harm in using a paci.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• You need to ignore the idiots. I let my LO have one until she was 5 mos but we got rid of it for sleep reasons. Let your child have his paci until he is about 1 and then get rid of it. Children have non nutritive sucking needs that need to be met.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• for babies under 18 months i think its ok i just hate seein these 3 yr olds still using them
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 8:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• They only effect teeth if they have it past two years is what my Dr said. Like the little kids running through walmart that are three and four with pacifiers.. that's weird as hell. But a baby is fine.

Anonymous

• Oh sheesh, whatever... I will admit that it's possible that teeth will be messed up if a child was a 3 or 4 years old and still had a paci still (that happened to my dd), but a 2 months old? How silly. Wouldn't a bottle or even breastfeeding jack up their teeth at that age too then? Silly stupid people... your child is fine for now don't listen to stupid people.

Anonymous

• If the baby is bottle fed I think babies should have them to meet their sucking needs.
    Breastfeeding babies who are away from their moms because of work or school should have them.
    Breastfeeding babies who have moms that can be with them full-time shouldn't have them int the first 6 months. Babies should be exclusively breastfed and have no bottles or pacifiers. I think it's best if they don't have them at all.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 8:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My son hated his paci. We are gonna try with this baby. I read on the package of the paci that it can reduce the risk of SIDS.
    Anonymous

No it's not a myth. My Childs Dentist said that prolong use of a binkey can cause the teeth to form around the binkey but we're talking 2 +. My Daughter has one and uses it at night but I will wean her when her teeth come in.
    Anonymous