What is a growth spurt like for a baby, what symptoms should I look for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My babies always slept a lot and ate a lot more than normal ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Same here, mom2twobabes.

But with the addition of a lot of fussiness. Infants Tylenol and warm baths were a must.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 9:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Breastfed babies will nurse a lot. If it is your first baby you may be concerned you don't have enough milk. You may get engorged. You may feel all flat from the baby nursing so much. This is all normal and will pass.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• all babies will eat more. They are hungry and need more to support their growth. they will sleep a lot too.

My daughter gets fat. she gets fat cheeks and a full looking tummy then all of a sudden it goes away and she looks really thing but she's really long! Then her eating and sleeping goes back to normal.
    Anonymous

• Bottomless pits and sleepy babies. That is the true signs. At least it is with my daughter. She does not have the fussiness.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• This is a good time to take extra calcium. Baby gets everything they need even if your body has to steal it from your teeth. And if you grind your teeth at night, that is exactly what your body is doing.
    brittneysmom31

Answer by brittneysmom31 at 3:14 AM on Jul. 21, 2009