My 5 month old daughter is being VERY cranky these past couple days!

Isabel does not want:
to be held
to be on the floor
to be in her play yard
to be in her bouncy seat
to be in her swing
to nap
Help! any advice?

barbieandisabel

Asked by barbieandisabel at 9:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teething?
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• my son is the same way right now.. he is 6 months I really think its cuz of his gums?
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I bet she's teething! My daughter's been like that on and off for weeks now, and her first tooth popped through today! She's 4 months by the way.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 9:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• At this point, it's most likely teething. My daughter will be seven months old on the 26th, and her fourth tooth is trying to poke through. It's HELL, I know exactly how you feel! Try giving her some infant tylenol, if you don't know how much to give you can call your pediatrician and they can tell you the dosage according to her weight. You could also try giving her a cold, wet washcloth to chew on. If you don't like the washcloth idea, you could try teething rings, or the cold teethers you put in the freezer and then take out when she wants them. If none of that helps, you can call your pediatrician and get an appointment. I know exactly how you feel!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I don't know what your weather is like but when my son was that age and in that mood being outside always made him stop fussing.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• If her gums are red and imflamed give her something cold, frozen waffles, or a wet washcloth. Also they make an all natural teething tablet. They go right under the tounge and dizolve fast. As long as she is eating and drinking ok that would be my thoughts on it.
    brittneysmom31

Answer by brittneysmom31 at 3:10 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Also, I keep hearing a little whiskey on the corner of a wash cloth helps with gum pains and sleeping disorders. I haven't tried it yet but you sound desperate enough.
    brittneysmom31

Answer by brittneysmom31 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2009