Has your child ever had a skin boil?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My dd is 2.5 and has a total of about 7.Surgery was required once.Antibiotics and drainage the other tomes..message me for more info
    Lindasmama

Answer by Lindasmama at 9:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• My son did when he was about 7 or so. The doctor put him on an antibiotic, a few days later the boil had come to a head, and the doctor removed it by cutting into it slightly, removing the infection, then bandaging.

Answer by Bmat at 9:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My son has. We placed a hot/warm damp towel over it three to four times a day. This caused it to come to a head. It popped on it's own. It's VERY tender to the touch, but will feel tons better once it pops. Keep the area clean - wash with water and mild soap.
    Anonymous

• my kids have not. When my sis and I were kids we both had a boil on our arm (same arm, same spot). Our parents took us to the doctor where they lanced it, drained it and bandaged it. We were given antibiotics.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:09 AM on Jul. 21, 2009