what do you think is cheaper?

a house that is $875 plus electricity or a house that's $795 plus shared utilities (we would share with the landlord)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• Depends how much electricity you use...fans and air conditioners?? All I know is I went down the "sharing" utilities road and it was a nightmare...it's better to handle them yourself so you KNOW they will be paid. I'd go with $875 for peace of mind :0)
    minimommy816

Answer by minimommy816 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Cheaper would probably be the $795, but it depends on how you share them. I would also make sure it is in contract the exact amount of "shared" utilities.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 9:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Get your own utility account, it will save headaches down the road.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I wouldn't want to share my utlities with anyone else. Gas and electric can go up and down and what if that other person is using more you would still have to split it?
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 2:18 AM on Jul. 21, 2009