Does anyone suck at cooking??

i feel as if i'm awful at being a SAHM because i don't know how to cook or keep up with cleaning!!!! So how do u all do it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I suck...I can only make a handful of things and I dont even think they're that good. lol

im not a neat freak either. there's no need to be a robot house wife just do your best.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I used to suck at cooking and had only two or three things I could make well. I just started out doing easy stuff and I would call my mom, stepmom, or aunt with any questions. Even as I made stuff. I found recipes that looked good but didn't seem to be all that difficult or have too many crazy ingredients. I'm okay now. I'm no Paula Dean but I'm not half bad. I often ask family how to make certain dishes that I love that they make (like my MIL's chili is good so I asked her how to make it and it is really easy). Practice practice practice.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I'm the same! ALthough, in my defense we live with my parents and younger sisters, so there's always stuff everywhere. I'm hoping when we move, I'll be able to organize and keep the house clean the way i want and be good at it!

As for cooking, I'm slowly getting better and learning more things to cook. I once burned a hotdog on the stove. I completely forgot about it and the water boiled out. So i know how bad of a cook i can be.

Try some simple things and just work your way up. Thats what I've been doing.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• im really good at cooking now but I use to SUCK it takes practice I have some really simple delicious recipes if you want some.
    yoshiwife

Answer by yoshiwife at 9:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• The only thing i'm anal about being clean is the kitchen... which is funny because I hardly ever cook. When I do get the desire to cook, somehow I actually can (I think it's because of my awesome cookbooks and how much food network i watch). The only cooking I usually do is from a box or the freezer, LOL. I wish I could be like my grandmother who can use a ham for 4 days and make a different meal each day!
    chichiwvu

Answer by chichiwvu at 9:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• At the age of 15 I sucked at cooking.. but I got tried of eating at my job (I was a dishwasher back then for a famous steakhouse) and had to learn to cook with no help. Both of parents where pasted away by the age of 15 and I really didn't have that many friends. It was horrible at first and my poor sister at the time was only 12. But I must say I was blessed when the head cook at the resturant stepped in and help me learn how to cook a meal without calling the fire department. My house was cleaned due to Social Service and had to take classes to keep my sister on how to maintain a home. But after my sister grew up and we lived on are own. My house went down hill till I learn how to make my folder a couple of years ago. Without it my life would be such a mess and I can' t even think without it. Lord, without it..my chores would drag on ..I no longer would be done by 9 a.m and have the rest of the day to myself.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 9:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Try watching the food channel. I did that and learned so much that I even started making up my own recipes.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• When I first met my DH, I could barely boil water. It used to be a running joke in the house that if I stepped into the kitchen, something was going to catch fire. The best way to learn is through just doing it. Look up recipes online, ask friends or family members, or watch cooking shows on tv. You may have to order an "emergency" pizza a few times, but you will find stuff you are good at making! As far as the cleaning, I do one room a day very thoroughly, and pick up around the house after that. That way I don't get bored or distracted and still get everything clean! :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I just asked my mom for her recipes that I loved as a kid and started experiementing. I was horrible before...I actually burned water once (I left water on to boil and forgot about it til I smelled something scorching...turns out you can actually evaporate it to the point that it singes the pot)!! I couldn't cook much when we got our first place, but I learned a few things and then just started having fun playing around. Btw, I rely HEAVILY on my Crock-Pot! LOVE IT!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I've been a SAHM for two years now and I didn't know how to cook much when I first started. I had my staples that my SO loved and made those often but I wanted to branch out more. I found the easiest way to get started cooking is by using the crock pot. I've made amazing meals in that just using whatever I have on hand and I've never had any complaints before. Once I had used that often enough I got a little more brave to try other things and now I love trying new meals out.
    Anonymous