Crappy cooking skills!!

Does anybody have crappy cooking skills like me?? I suck at cooking i didn't even know how to cook macaroni LOL... What is some easy recipes??

connorsmom2009

Asked by connorsmom2009 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I'm the same! Meatloaf is pretty easy. Chicken stir-fry is as well. Spaghetti is way easy! (just be careful not to burn the noodles. i have). And the Hunt's spaghetti sauce has some yummy recipes on the cans.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Go to a major bookstore and look in their cookbook section for a beginner's cookbook. It will tell you a lot. You want one that has a list of utensils and cooking terms defined. You can teach yourself with a good How-To book.
    Anonymous

• Oooh, Anon. I need one of those. I might have to hit the bookstore one of these days.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Check out Amazon.com and type in beginners cookbooks.
    Anonymous

• I hear that alot about noodles being burned and I learned how not to burn the noodles anymore. Just let your water boil, throw either salt, or butter into the pan..when it comes to a hard boil, drop your noodles into the boiling water , put a lid on it, turn the burner off,and push it to a burn that is not turned on. Let it set in the pan with the lid on for 10-15 minutes... if it is not done enough put the lid back on and set for a few more minutes. If done enough for you, drain, and serve. No more burnt noodles. Just my 2 cents for the day.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 9:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• This is not meant to offend but get the book, "Cooking for Dummies". It teaches basic cooking skills and simple recipes. Also, the Betty Crocker cookbook is a good resource. There are many cookbooks for beginners at bookstores, check them out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• try learning the basics. watch food tv and read magazines.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I watch a lot of Food Network!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Not everything in mags or cookbooks actually tastes good!!!...I'm not the best cook here either, Sh*t happens ...try to stick with what you can cook the best and rotate...do you like salmon patties??...I make them with cheesy mac(homemade) and fried taters..I make fried taters often..and mashed often...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 9:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2009