3 month old breathing hard

my son was born 5 weeks early and he had what the dr's call "wet lung" and he was on oxygen and on machines that showed his vitals for 4 days. well he had retractions in his breathing meaning he would suck in his chest instead of belly breathing like all babies. well hes 3 months old now and its happening again and i was just getting thoughts as to whether i should wait until morning or take him to the hospital now. we have a childrens hospital 20 mins away from us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would take him now. I had a similar situation. With my son and he had to be hospitalized. I am so happy I didn't wait. You can never be to cautious

akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I would call the dr, and then probably take him in now. Better safe then sorry I always say.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 9:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Now!!
    Anonymous

• the nurses are always on call, but chances are they will say to take him now. It doesn't sound like something you could fix at home. One of our neighbors daughters was a premie and her trekea was too tiny, she had to have a trekeotomy.
    brittneysmom31

Answer by brittneysmom31 at 2:45 AM on Jul. 21, 2009