If you are anti-formula would you be angry with your daughter if she decided not to breast feed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nope. I am not ant-formula, but it's a choice every mother needs to make for themselves.
    Anonymous

• I would not be angry with my child. I'd probably be angry with myself, thinking that something must've gone wrong, but never my child.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 9:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• if a mother got mad at her daughter for that, thats a pretty stupid thing to get mad over theres way worse things to feed a baby than government regulated enriched milk which pretty much has the same stuff in it. i pumped for a month then i quit because he couldnt latch my nipples were too small and i got mastitis. so for me FF is what i do and what i will do when i had more children
    Anonymous

• Besides the fact that if she'll take a bottle than you can always pump and so she is still not formula fed.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 9:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• is there a reason why she is going to stick with formula, if its just b/c she doesnt want to then i would be mad at her, its at least worth a try and if you cant get the baby to latch on tell her she should try pumping,
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I would be sad if she didn't try, since I only have son's I will have to help my DIL's become educated about the benifits of breastfeeding. Hopefully they will make the best choice for them and their families. I wouldn't want them to breastfeed if it made them unhappy, just like I wouldn't want them to FF just because they can.
    Anonymous

• Most children raised in breastfeeding homes view breastfeeding as normal, and the way that babies eat. When a baby cries, my daughter, runs to me and says "nurse". When you're raised with it, it's what you do.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 10:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• when you have a child, you have an obligation to do what is best for the baby. Some women are so influenced by the porn, dairy and formula industries that they don't every try to breastfeed. Of course, there are some women who are medically unable to breastfeed; the others are just selfish.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• If she just CHOSE not to, probably. She'll probably be nursing for a few more years. So I'm pretty sure she'll have at least slight memories of herself nursing as a child. And they will be positive memories. I may also have a baby later that DD will see me breastfeed and make it even more normal to her. I might become a lactation consultant too. Our family's pretty pro-nature and anti-fake food. So all this together almost makes it a certainty that she'll nurse. She breastfeeds her dolls already. Knowing what she will know about formula, I'd probably be hurt if she used it.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• "
    And rkoloms, I could say a lot of things about your rude and judgemental post, but I'm on my way to the kitchen to enjoy a blueberry muffin. You have a nice evening!
    Oh and just1jess, the blueberries in the muffins are totally FAKE...MMMMMMMMM "

__
    Spoken like a truly ignorant FFer. Way to go Momma, bash others for giving their babies they best.
    Anonymous