• In the Spotlight:

I cant find the answers I am looking for!

So, my DD was taken to the ER last night for a skin boil and they think it might be MRSA. But I also pointed out to them that I thought she was geting another one on the outside of her other leg. They put her on bactrim 2x a day.... but i want to know if she is going to have to have the new one cut open like she had the other one cut open last night, or if the bactrim will break up the infection in the new one so it doesnt form to the point of having to get it cut open.... Does anyone know, or could anyone try to do some research. I cant find anythng, only personal stories and I need FACTS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Health

• Noone knows for sure if the antibiotics will completly take away the boils. Yes it is another one, MRSA skin infections spread. Rapidly. And it is contagious. AND you never ever get rid of it. Once this infection is clear you should consider her a MRSA carrier. You MUST keep her away from other children and protect yourself while the infection is active. This can be extremely extremely serious....or it can go away with a prescription. Just depends on how early you caught it. I am really concerned for your daughter. Please keep us updated.
    I would look into alternative medicines to HELP the ones the doctor gave you.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Did you try WebMD ?
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 9:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I would just call the dr and ask. They should be able to tell you exactly what is going on. Sorry I don't know anything else about this.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 9:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2009