for the stay at home moms out there

when you are a stay at home mom, and your SO is the sole provider, did he ever tell you its HIS money so its HIS house and for the moms. do you ever fill like your not trying your hardest, or that your lazy. im going to be a stay at home mom soon once our little girl is born.

newmom092009

Asked by newmom092009 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i hate being a stay at home mom.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My hubby does not talk to me like that, thank goodness! He tells me often that he knows how hard I work. I make sure to tell him how much I appreciate him too though and I try my best to be a good wife. It IS hard work though, taking care of a baby and a house and trying to cook...sometimes I don't get it all done. But he understands.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Yes he does, but I say well its our kid and its our kids home so its my house and my money too!!
    bennysmommy816

Answer by bennysmommy816 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Our baby isn't born, yet, but I've been a "domestic goddess" for just over a year now with the intention of being a SAHM when our baby is born. My husband never says stuff like that. And if he did, I would remind him real quick how I worked so he could go to college full time without worrying about having a job. Also, if my husband said that, he would be kidding. It's just not the way he thinks. I take care of all the money and bills and he usually asks me before he buys anything over about $50 so I can tell him if he needs to wait until pay day or not.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Heh, he wouldn't dare. We're not married (yet, will be next Sept.) and it's OUR money, OUR apartment, just like its OUR daughter. And there are days where I feel like I've been lazy, but our daughter is a handful. I've talked it out with my SO and he understands that there is a lot that I try and get to but it just doesn't always happen. He's just happy that I make dinner every night for him.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Hahah.. Hell NO! We both agree being a SAHM is best for our family. We dont want others raising our kids! Also DH knows that when I go to work, he will share the house work! Im not one of those woman that my dh works 8hrs a day & comes home to have a beer while I work 8hrs a day, then come home & work another 3hrs cooking & cleaning the house by myself! Nope!
    He may pay the bills but I keep it clean & maintained.. He may buy the food but I cook it!

Kids, especially newborns & babies are ALOT of work! 24/7! A baby alone is a full time job. SAHM also have to cook & clean. you also somehow have to find time to shower! Also after you recover from deliver DH is going to expect some "relief" ;)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• well sometimes SO jokes that he's the moneymaker and my place is in the kitchen, so i'm the one who should clean the dishes...but he's just kidding. sometimes I dont think he is since he only does chores when I ask him (ok he does HIS laundry, does lawn maintenance and does cook us dinner a lot). but no he never makes me feel inferior because I'm a sahm. as for being lazy....oooooh yeah lol. I play with my son all day or run and do errands, but when he's napping I lounge out on the couch and watch tv or surf online. I'm trying to get out of those habits. I've been hula hooping to get back into shape, I do chores, i'm in the process of making my niece a gift for her bday...and I bring my son to the library for playgroup time which is a ton of fun, plus I've made friends with some moms!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• No, and if yours is, that's crap. I take care of OUR house so he can earn OUR money, so we can enjoy OUR family. There is no mine and his in our family.

And I don't feel lazy. Have you seen how much child care costs? Okay, we're supposed to pay that much for childcare, but it's lazy to be a child care provider for your own children? Whatever. AND when you pay for childcare, they don't cook, clean, and do the laundry, either.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 10:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My husband has never and would never talk to me like that! Sometimes I feel like I should be doing more BUT I remember that I don't SLEEP AT NIGHT so I basically have a 24 hour job. With that in mind I try to cut myself some slack if I take a few moments to myself during the day.

And being a SAHM is HARD WORK. So don't let anyone tell you that it isn't.
    Anonymous