Do you feel your children's emotions?

Does anyone feel your children's emotions? I feel them too much I think. If one of my kids seems sad or upset about something, I feel almost as bad as they do. It can ruin my whole day. I am a pretty emotional person and it is frustrating!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Depends on the reason for my son's emotions. If he is mad because he got in trouble, no I do not. If it is because he is scared or sad, yes, sometimes I do. It all depends on the situation.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Oh yeah. Sometimes I think I even have a 6th sense when I'm not home and she's with her dad or a sitter that she's crying or upset. Might be all in my head, but I like to think we have that connection lol.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• No. Because i am in charge of my thoughts and feelings and how I respond to them. I am not feeling bad when my son can't have a toy because he is in time out or we choose to not give him a second cookie. Or even if he is frustrated because he is just too small yet and needs to be a big kid before he can get the job done. He has the right to his thoughts and feelings and my not feeling bad lets him know that it is okay to be sad, hurt, frustrated. If I were to get upset too then he might think that it is not okay to feel that way. Everyone has bad days or not so great moments. It doesn't mean that everyone else needs to suffer right along with you. So no I do not feel the same things because I am my own person and so is he.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• my middle child is very sick. my heart feels like its being ripped out of my chest when hes fighting to breath. i think mommies have a conection with thier babies. kinda like when you lactate when your baby cries.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jul. 21, 2009