i'm 18 and don't know what to do

5 1/2 months prego live at home with my mom and pop my bf lives here too but i just cant find away to tell my mom &popz ! bfs working and all i have to tell them i don't know how!!i'm scared and still in shock i still can't get it throw my thick ass head that really i'm prego! i mean i've seen the baby in u/s felt it kick but can't get it thur my head! plsss don't be rude as it is i already feel like shit!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just tell them. what else are you gonna do? even if theyre mad or disappointed at first, once they realize theyre gonna have a new little addition to their family, theyll be happy eventually.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• May I ask why you're afraid of telling them? I guess the way I see it, if you're bf is living with you at your parents, than they probably know what's up. So a pregnancy probably wouldn't be too shocking to them.
    BY the way, congrats, being pregnant is a miracle and amazing gift.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 9:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I agree w/ PP - JUST DO IT. Get it over with before that baby comes out!!
    Anonymous

• You need to tell them before someone else tells them that will make them more upset that u could not tell them. take it from personal expearence
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• well the thing is nobody else know but my bf
    Anonymous

• The way I did it was I started with one topic and led to "I'm pregnant." Just kind of drop it in the middle of a convo...or just walk into the room from work or something and tell them. Like ripping off a band aid. Besides, shouldn't you tell them before you REALLY look pregnant? I mean, there's gonna come a time when you just can't hide it anymore and if you're almost 6 months pregnant, that time is gonna be soon.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• well the will find out soon if YOU tell them or not. that baby is coming.
    and they let your bf live you with so they invited you two to have sex. if they didn't stock up on condoms or bc thats partially their fault imo.
    you just have to tell them. bf needs to start making some money and since you are 18 maybe (unless things are ok) you two should be looking for a place of your own.

Anonymous

• Here's a suggestion: Leave a copy of the ultrasound on the kitchen table with a sign that says "Surprise!!" Look, you aren't 13 anymore. Because my s/o and I are not married, I was afraid to tell my parents as well, and I was older than you. But past a certain age, I think a lot of parents are just thankful that you made it through most of your teenage years, and even if they are mad, they'll get over it and be excited once they are involved. I suggest that when you tell them, you have an idea in your head so that if they want answers, you'll have a couple: Do you plan to stay there? Are you planning to work? Are you going to go to college/ take calsses/ graduate? etc. Come up with a plan and then just come out and tell them. They may be more perceptive than you think.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• They probably already have some idea that you are pregnant. They ARE your parents and you DO live with them. They're probably concerned about why you haven't mentioned it to them. I think you should probably just tell them and apologize for taking so long to let them know and I'm sure they'll reassure you that they love you and will love their grandchild too. Getting your own place soon is probably a really good idea.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 10:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• You know, you'd be surprised but I bet your mom already knows. My mom was the first one to tell me I was pregnant. I didn't even suspect it. And if they are understanding enough to have you living there with your boyfriend (me and my new hubby were living at home with my mom. We got married when I was 17, and I was pregnant within the month) I'm sure they'll be understanding about this. And honestly I bet they will be excited for a grandkid. Also if you're 5 1/2 months already you won't be able to hide it much longer anyways, and why would you want to. My mom was so excited for me she threw me a baby shower. It's exciting and a great thing no matter what age you are. If I was your mom I'd just be happy you were being responsible about it. You've been to the doctor, you're obviously trying to take care of yourself and the baby. Good luck.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2009