Can your garage door open on its own?

I recently moved and haven't changed the code and tonight while I was in the kitchen I heard the garage door open. I went to check it out and didn't see anyone, but needless to say I have my alarm on and my guns loaded, but is it possible that it was a fluke or do you think it was a person?

ktnbags

Asked by ktnbags at 9:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I don't know. I think I'd hurry up and change the code. Mine has never opened on its own. I am the first owner of my house, though, so no one else has the code or an opener or anything for mine. I'd get that code changed ASAP.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Not sure but change that code immediately and school the kiddies on being watchful of strangers near the house!!!

JULIAN01

Answer by JULIAN01 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I used to work for a store, one of the things we sold were garage door openers. All openers of the same brand are sold with the same code. You must change the code. That is one of the things we always told our customers. There HAVE been reports IN MY AREA of burgalers driving up and down roads trying different garage door openers until they found a garage that would open. I am totally serious. You may have foiled a buglary by being home. I am not trying to scare you, please don't freak out too much. Just make sure you change the code on the opener installed in the garage and the handheld opener.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• The way mine work is there is a square button on the bottom that has to be pressed until it blinks to lock it so that it can't be opened by others accidently. It's nots suppose to happen, but it can so maybe locking it can help.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 2:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2009