• In the Spotlight:

4-yr old jealous of baby brother???

she is continually hurting her now 1 yr old baby brother! We can't even leave her alone with him for a minute. Today while at the park she gave him a black eye !!! I am so frustrated!!! Should I be taking her to see someone about this? This can't be normal and I am sick of her brother getting hurt! She says she hates him but what to do about this TERRIBLE behivioR?

insanemom3

Asked by insanemom3 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Does she say WHY she hates him?  Ask her.  If she is able to communicate that with you, you might be able to deal with what is behind the anger.  If it is jealousy, make more one on one time with her.  There are also some good books for sibling rivalry http://www.cjkidz.com/parentsgrandparentsteachers.html Click on Siblings/Sibling Rivalry/Welcoming New Baby.  Also some good books for you and your daughter to read together which addresses the issue of a new baby which are age appropriate for her.

momjs

Answer by momjs at 10:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I would take her to someone about it cause if she is so bad that she is phsically harming him you better do it now before it gets worse.....
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 9:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Thank you! Yes, I don't want this to get worse, that is certain!!! I will call right away in the morning!!! She was never like this before, it was only after we had him did this start! She seems like a different child! Thank you for your answer!!!
    insanemom3

Answer by insanemom3 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• thank you also! I will look into those books and try what you suggested too..
    insanemom3

Answer by insanemom3 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2009