Did your little one try to hide that he/she knew how to walk?

My son just turned one on Saturday and left to visit his nana and papa's house on Sunday while my hubby and I try to get back on our feet. Well anyway, every time me and my hubby tried to put shoes on him, he kicked and fussed like no other. Well my mom put shoes on him Sunday without a single problem and they got him out of the truck while they were getting gas and he started walking!!! My mom is going to videotape it and send it to us but I can't believe he was hiding it from us!! She said she couldn't stop laughing when he did it because he had fought to be put down and normally he acts like he is going to crawl or does crawl but never tries to stay upright to walk. She said maybe it was balance because he was always trying to be on tippy-toes here. Has your little one done this?

innocencexinxme

Asked by innocencexinxme at 9:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ours did that with pulling to a stand! We caught him several time pulling to a stand and then as soon as we walk into the room he would immediately sit back down! He just turned 1 on the 8th and then doctor said that he is just getting ready so he can show the big moment!!!
    insanemom3

Answer by insanemom3 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2009