Moms of teen parents.

How old was your teen when she got pregnant? My dd is 15, just found out she's pregnant. Any younger than that? How did you dd tell you about it?

lauren1424

Asked by lauren1424 at 10:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• im not 15 and its a big age difference, but i was 21 and my mom financially supports me still but i dont live with her - i told her through text message. my best friend had her baby when she was 17, my other best friend when she was 21. its not an uncommon thing. but 15, that sure is young. its too bad - shes gonna miss out on so much in life. but you shouldnt be mad at her about it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I had my daughter when is was 15. I hid my pregnancy for 6 months then finally told my mom and she cried for days but supports me so much. I don't know where I would be without her. She's the reason I'm a good mother. Your daughter is scared and probally needs lots of answers so be there for her no matter what.
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 11:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I was 17 years old. The best you can do it be there for here. Look at it this way... at least she came to you about it. Me.. I ran away from home for about 4mths because I was scared to tell my mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I was 15 when I found out I was pregnant. The first person I told was my best friend of 14 years who's my age. Then I talked to my mom about it at the kitchen table. She was mad, but she asked me what I was going to do about it and I told her abortion was out of the question and that I don't think I could go through with adoption because I would take one look at it's face and say that he's mine. Like I said, she was mad about it. She was mad and upset and disappointed- I was supposed to be the successful daughter of the family and wait to have kids until I was at least 25. But no, I ended up just like my sister. As the months went by and my stomach grew, we both saw his cute little face on the ultrasound machine and fell in love. Now he's here and 3 months old and we're both madly in love with him.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 4:32 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I was 16 when I found out I was pregnant. I told my mom right away. My mom wasn't MAD but she was a bit upset. The best you can do for her is be there for her.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• The best thing you can do is be there for her. Get her involved in any groups for teen mothers in your area teenMOP's groups are good.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Aug. 1, 2009