I am new to the Atlanta G.A area, I only been here less then a month and school is about to open. And sadly to say says i need back to school supplies for my kids. I am not working due to the fact we just moved and to add on i have a dead beat dad on my hands any advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in

• I live in Georgia myself, and I know that many of the churches take up offerings to buy school supplies for kids who need help financially. My church filled dozens of backpacks last year with notebooks, crayons, glue, pencils, etc. Check around and see if there is a local church that does this for your community. If not, PM me and i'llsee if I can get my church to pitch in and fill a backpack and have it UPSed to you.
    Lighthousemom3
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Do they have a back to school drive for the local schools? Our community does this for the kids that are not able to get school supplies. It is a great progam for those that need it. Check with the school to see if they do this. Good luck!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Many church/agencies offer free back to school supplies, check with the school too they may have a PTSA type program that will assist with school supplies, keep an eye in the local papers for notices.... if nothing found, wait until school starts and find out only what is needed, 12 glue stick are not "needs" they are what the teacher will want... get one, then add later in the year as needed...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 10:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My cousin has five kids that she can't buy for either. At the beginning of the school year every year she tells the teachers that she can't buy supplies and the school provides them with a backpack full.
    dawnjohnson5

Answer by dawnjohnson5 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2009