How to get divorce when in the military?

If there are any ladies out there that can help me, please. Hubby in the military and wife not. He has cheated during deployment.

kwall427

Asked by kwall427 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• divorcing a military man shouldn't be any different than divorcing anyone else since they have to go by state laws except if he is DEPLOYED NOW. Then You have to wait until he returns unless he signs a waiver but call a family attorney in your state and ask. They usually do the consultation for free.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Wait til he comes back, but you can do all the prep work now. Get a lawyer get the papers started and when he comes back he can amend what he wants amended etc. It's no different except for the fact that you cannot take a soldier to court while they are deployed.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 10:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• According to military statute, he can go to prison for cheating, if you decide to push it, but the other ladies are right. Divorcing a military guy is the same as divorcing any old Joe. You just have to wait until he gets back, though I have heard of cases where the divorce papers were mailed back and forth for signing.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 12:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Technically, he can have disciplinary action, but I have never known anyone who was put in prison for cheating. But, to me that's kind of mean to actually push that issue.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 3:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2009