Are you all serious? I am not judging, just wanting to truly know.

Do you really feel like you have to have an opinon on everything? I've seen a lot on this site in the last few years. Breastfeeding versus Formula, disposable diapers versus cloth, Extended Rear Facing, Vaccinations, etc. Do you all really truly honestly care about all of those issues? How do you all not drive yourselves insane trying so hard to be perfect and right in a profession (motherhood) in which there are no right answers or the perfect way to do things? Don't you feel worn out just by the pressure you all put on yourselves? I don't want to hear your "soap box speeches" just answer the question. Do you all care about every tiny detail and feel if you slip once your child will become a serial killer? Don't you feel like the worst parent in the world sometimes anyway, no matter that you Breastfed, ERF, Vax'ed, etc.? Like when your 3 yo is screaming for a toy in a store, and "Its totally out of character!"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think a lot of people have 1 thing that they care deeply about and it seems to you like everyone is caring about all of them. Maybe a few care about all of them, but I think most people just have 1 or 2. For me it's carseats more than anything else, not that I'm that particular about it, and I get made fun of for it by my friends. My own friends won't even listen to me about carseats, so why should anyone on here? I just pray they never get into an accident. But I guess that would be appropriate to do whether they use carseats correctly or not.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• talk about your "soap box speech"....geez
    Anonymous

• I don't get worked up about all those things. I am a big proponent of bfing, but that is my personal choice. I am big about autism awareness, but that is because it affects me.

I think most people are like that, they have 1 or 2 things they are passionate about, the rest they care about but not as adamantly. Of course, I have seen siggies that say, anti-vax, bfing, no spanking, attachment parenting, erf, etc etc etc. And honestly, either it comes naturally to them, or they really are worried about every detail. But, I'm kind of laid back and if they want to worry about all that, then that is their choice.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 10:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• OP: Rolling eyes. Sorry what did I say? I was seriously wanting to know, I didn't discuss an opinion on any of those topics. I just wondered how you all do it. I am seriously marveling at the stamina you all display. I do have my topic too, but I limit myself to one. Do you realize how much Drama would be eliminated if Cafemom disallowed all of those topics!
    Anonymous

• For some reason the internet breeds know it alls. All mothers are different and all children are different. If everyone was the same just think of how boring this world would be. I honestly could care less if another gives their baby formula or if they spank. It does not affect myself or my child. As long as I am rasing my child the way I see fit, to each their own.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• No, I don't care about every little detail, but I have opinions on a lot of things. And I really am more in support of mom's doing what's right for their families and not what everyone else is telling them they should do. That's why I like CM. Because if I ask a question about losing weight, I get one answer telling me I should eat this way, and another saying exercise this way, and so on. And getting all these different opinions and ideas help me figure out what direction I want to go in.

brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 10:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I was about to ask that question! You forgot evil pacifers and those lazy sahm! I understand them be sensitive issues but do not condemn others for not agreeing with you!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I don't answer questions tat don't apply to me unless the OP is a friend of mine. BTW what does ERF mean? I'm the dummy that thought BFing was Butt FU^&ing.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Sorry Brickhouse95 didn't mean to steal your thunder. But you are correct, that pacifier post did me in. Next it will be blankies, and eating school paste! I shudder when all these kids are teens! The drama then!!!!
    Anonymous

• extend rear facing ( a car seat issue) who knew? I certainly didn't but then my kids have been out of car seats for at least seven years.
    Anonymous