I don't want anymore children sfter my 2nd is born can I have my tubes tide right after the baby is born or would I have to go back & have another procedure for this?? Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im almost positive you do it right away, right after you have the baby.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Honestly, I really think it depends on your doctor. My mom had her tubes tied right after my little sister was born, before she ever left the hospital. So, yes, most doctors will do it right away.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i think if you have a c-section they go ahead and do it then i had considered that myself

rose549

Answer by rose549 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• at same time of delivery. I was going to but gave birth at a Catholic hospital (I'm not Catholic) and they didn't do surgeries back then on Sunday so I had to wait until the following morning. That sucked.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My dr won't do it unless you have a c-section. So it depends on the dr.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• it depends on the dr and where having baby.
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 1:30 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i've heard conflicting stories on this as well. i've heard that you can get it done right after the baby's born (vaginal birth or c-section) but i've also heard that unless you have a c-section you have to wait until your 6 weeks (postpartum) is up. so i would ask your doctor.
    momma_gig

Answer by momma_gig at 2:13 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• you can do it right away. what they did at the hospital i was at for clinicals is instead of having your baby in the L&D room, you were in the OR of the L&D floor. you have your baby, you get to see him/her for a sec, tell you SO to leave the room (bc only one person is allowed back there) and then knock you out and tie your tubes.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 7:51 AM on Jul. 21, 2009