if you dont breast feed how long does it take for the milk to go away?

does it dry up and just go away in a certain amount of time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think everyones different. If i remember right, mine took about two weeks.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i had c sections it took about 2 weeks try hot wash cloths on your breasts it will help
    16thmoon

Answer by 16thmoon at 10:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• The hot washclothes do help. Or a hot shower and just let it run down. I had a c-section too. Not sure if that makes a difference.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Depends on each individual. I've heard women say they have milk many months after delivery w/out nursing. Hot wash cloths help let down.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My first 2 kids, 2 weeks, but had them tightly bandaged.....my 3rd, 5mths w/ a prescription from my OB...i had sooo much milk...I should had breastfed.
    jenrag1981

Answer by jenrag1981 at 1:33 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• It *can* last until your youngest is between the ages of 6-8 years. Because, biologically, that's how long humans are designed to nurse for. If you want it to dry up use sage and peppermint tea. DO NOT BIND. It could create a clogged milk duct. And you should AVOID hot water. It will help let down with will encourage MORE milk production.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I leaked for over a year.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:39 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• babies were meant to be breastfed. why would you want to waive your baby's rights to what he/she is entitled to? not only that, but do you realize what is in formula? i don't know how any mother can, in good conscience, choose formula over breastmilk-especially when they have the ability to breastfeed. i feel for all of the children who have lost/will lose out on such a beneficial start to life. so sad :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• ice packs and cold cabbage leaves are supposed to help. heat encourages milk production; binding puts you at risk for plugged ducts and mastitis. it could take a long time, so be prepared.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 8:36 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I been leaking for 4 months now. I wasnt able to breastfeed for medical reasons
    jessduncan77

Answer by jessduncan77 at 8:37 AM on Jul. 21, 2009