How Do you EBF after EFF your first?

I wasnt really into feeding my dd from my breasts I did for six weeks with formula substitute. With this one my second I want to fully EBF. I just dont know how....

Trinity0820

Asked by Trinity0820 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• see if there is a LLL group or look it up online or in the phone book, They have all the answers you could ever want (Le Leche League)
    Anonymous

• I agree with the anon... La Leche League is great. www.llli.org
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I had a hard time breastfeeding my daughter. So I just changed to formula. I wanted to breastfeed but she just would not take it. Even from birth she was stubborn...lol....she still is at 11
    Good luck maybe the Le Leche League or some Birthing classes may have some advice for you. Maybe even your dr can help.
    vidamc2

Answer by vidamc2 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• With my son, due to some complications (and dumbass doctors that didn't care) I started making milk 2 weeks before I actually had him, and dried up when I DID have him, so it was EFF for him.
    I EBF with my daughter, until she just refused to nurse at 6 months, so I just pumped, and had enough to continue giving her breastmilk until she was about 14 months old, when I woke up dry one morning. She didn't seem to care, but it made me happy...
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 12:11 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Go pick up a copy of "So That's What Theyre For" by Janet Tamaro. It's a GREAT basic book.

And drop by the breastfeeding moms group for help and support.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:25 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Do alllll the research on BFing that you can while pregnant!! Due do my ignorance of BFing my older two were EFF (Well, I did pump for 2 weeks with my middle daughter), but I was able to successfully BF my youngest.

And helpful word of advice though, speak with someone from the LLL, or a LC. Don't ever take advice from a Dr! They're not trained in BFing.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Well I tried to BF my oldest but it only lasted about 3wks and then he was EFF. My second child was a stubborn mule, we tried BF for a week but he wouldnt latch on so he was EFF. My daughter was my champ. She was a preemie so I had to pump for a month before she came home. I started by attempting to nurse for the first week. Basically I would let her nurse once or twice a day. She had to learn how to nurse. After about a week she was about 90% breastfed. I had to suppliment with a couple of enhanced bottles per day. After about 2 weeks I said screw it and went to EBF no substitutes. We EBF for about 5 months and then I went back to work. She received breastmilk until she was about 9 months old. I would pump and give her bottles. She would get her "boobie" at breakfast and midnight snack lol.
    Mommyto3monkies

Answer by Mommyto3monkies at 3:45 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• You can do it.....breastfeed all the way....that stuff is liquid gold for the baby.
    momof2wneeds

Answer by momof2wneeds at 6:03 PM on Jul. 22, 2009