How long is your hair and how long do you go between cuts or trims?

I have been growing mine out and its been since the beginning of march since ive had it trimmed. I went to school for Cosmetology, top of my class and everything... but still cant find the willpower to get a trim in fear someone might cut it tooooooo much. Its just past my bra strap and ive nevr had it this long

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i just cut my hair a few months ago. i had long straight hair that went down past my butt. i miss it, but i couldn't manage it anymore. not with 2 little kids who like to hide their toys in it. now it is just at my shoulders. i had the intentions of donating my hair to locks of love when i finally decided to get it cut after almost 6 years. but it turns out they wouldn't accept my color treated/ bleached hair anyway. i was sad to see my hair go to waste. but i feel much better with shorter hair. i get it trimmed about every 6 months. i'd love to do it more frequently, but time won't allow.. =P
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 3:08 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i have been letting my hair grow out for about 6 years now. i get it trimmed about every 3 months just so the ends look nice and all, my hair is 4 1/2 feet log
    Anonymous

• My hair is almost to my butt, hehehhee, and i cut it once about every six months....time is my issue, got two small kids. Every three months would probably be better. :D
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My hair is just below my shoulders, Its curly so when its straight it goes to the mid/lower back...

I trim it probably every 3 or 4 months
    and I cut it myself, I've only had a couple of other people cut it
    one salon cut way too short
    another didn't recognize the fact that if some1 has curls u cant cut it while it's extremly wet cuz u cant tell which curls are smaller and bigger and made my hair uneven and I had to cut it above my bra strap to even it back out after my hair could touch my butt when straight. UGHH
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• When straight - mine is just about my bra strap. When I let it curl up it's just right at my shoulders. I have the color touched up and a trim about every 6-8 weeks. We're working on getting it just a bit longer. My husband loves it long. I know how you feel about letting someone chop your hair up. It took me years to find someone who would listen to me and NOT cut it all off. I mean, 1/4 to 1/2 inch is a trim - NOT 3 inches! I once went to a girl for a haircut ( I wanted to try short) I showed her the style in a magazine - I walked out with a flippin Mullet! I was pissed! I cut my own hair for the next 19 years. Then I found Ernie at Joe James - he's great. Turns out I had been cutting my own hair for so long that I was actually doing it right; he was floored and frankly so was I. I say go to the high-end salons - your chances are better.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• mine seems to be forever in the grow out stage, I'm talking years. It's right at the top of my shoulders and I'm trying to go to the top of my bra strap. I get bang trims about every 6 weeks but only trim the back when its shaggy maybe 2-3 times a year.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 12:00 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• my hair is pretty long, to my middle back, about 3-4 inches above my booty. I cut it every few months depending on if I have dead split ends
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 1:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My hair is to the middle of back....I only trim once a year...
    jenrag1981

Answer by jenrag1981 at 1:35 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Mine were almost to my knees and I'm 5 foot 4. They were growing for almost 4 years and they were shoulder long at this time. Now they are down to 2inches below the ears.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Mine is about 2/3 of the way down my back. I trim it once a year approximately. It depends on your hair though. If you get lots of split ends you need to do it more.
    Noworktodo

Answer by Noworktodo at 10:18 AM on Jul. 21, 2009