How many times did you change your mind about your childs name?

With my son I had a boy named picked out before I even knew he was a boy. But with this baby we aren't finding out the sex, so we have to have one of each name ready. I love the girl name we have. But I keep double thinking the boy name. I came up with it, and now hubby loves it and I'm not so sure anymore. But I don't know if hubby wants to talk about changing it.. AGAIN. I can't tell you how many times I have changed my mind with the name of this baby. Like I said I finally love the girl name..

Should I talk to my hubby about thinking about a different boy name, or just leave it? I don't want to constantly think about what I should could or would have named my child because I didn't want to bring it BACK up again..

What do you think?

LucasMama08

Asked by LucasMama08 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it is completely normal to vacillate between names for your entire pregnancy. I would tell your dh you are rethinking the name...I did with my first and my dh was very relieved...he was rethinking it too. You both need to be happy about the name. I am sure he would want you to be happy more than he wants to stick with a name you don't like.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• none, I knew the name I wanted.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 11:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I had my sons name all figured out but then I made the comment to my dad that I should name my son after him and my brothers middle names. Well, when the time come for me to have my son, my parents told the nurse what my sons name was when I had him and that is what he was named. I was in recovery when he was named. LOL, oh I love the fact that I didn't actually name my son when I had him.. LOL
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My husband and I talked about it probably a zillion times...the worst was the input from family members, b/c DH would tell people what names we had come up with lately, and they would pick a favorite, but it was never one I liked....and the more I heard the names out loud the more I shot them down. We didn't really decide until a couple of weeks before I was due, but we still had a second boy name as backup (I did have a girl name, just in case). I wanted to see what he looked like, to make sure, before I made it official and started telling everyone.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 11:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I forgot to mention we aren't telling anyone we know because we don't want their input. Only because their input is more negative than anything. Or "name the baby after me" Which I do NOT believe in. I want all of my kids to have their own name. The only down part is I can't get positive opinions from family and friends, because we are waiting until our child's birth to announce the name.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Once we chose our son's name, that was it.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 11:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• With my first two I didn't decide on the name until after they were born! With my first, I thought I had her name picked out until I saw her and her dad decided he wanted to name her after his mom. With my second I thought I had his name picked too, but changed it at the end, he was 2 days old before I named him. With my last two I had their names picked out before hand and stuck with them!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Once I had his name picked out I just knew it was perfect for him. It took a while to pick a name I really loved though. Before you talk to your husband you might as well pick out a name you're 100% on! Good luck and congratulations on the new baby!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:19 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i have always known that i wanted my 1st son to be a JR...so that was a no brainer but with my twins that was different...i didnt want that cliche rhyming name thing but i knew i wanted to name one of them after my dad me and my hubby both picked a name and we go Starli Grace and Damian DeWayne i did Grace and DeWayne and that was that...but put deep thought into it a name is something they will have for life...you dont want to name your kid something that you might not like later on or even he/she wont like...i think your name plays alot in self esteem...but thats just my opinion...Good luck hun...
    0MyNameIsMom0

Answer by 0MyNameIsMom0 at 11:19 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• our daughter's name changed once, cause we thought she was a boy, and then she wasn't. obviously had to change the name. our son's name wasn't set in stone til he was several days old.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 11:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2009