How do I comfort my sister-in-law and brother who have just lost a baby?

My brother and sister in law have been trying to have a baby for years. She has had 9 miscarriages and now with their second attempt at in-vitro, 20 weeks in, she lost another. My heart is breaking for them and I feel helpless.

kateMJS

Asked by kateMJS at 11:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My sister had a still born at 9 months and it is so hard. Just let them know u r there for them, offer to store any baby items for them until they need them again. This might be out there but have u ever though about becoming a surrogate for them?
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i am soooo very sorry for thier loss, thats awful. theyve got soo many little angels ill pray god lets them have one here on earth...all i can think of is be there for them as much as possible which im sure you are already hunny. hang in there......
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• How sad. Everyone will be feeling sad for them and not know how to act. Try treating them normal and asking them to do some normal things. Let them talk about what happened.

I wonder if there is a genetic disorder. I had at least 3 miscarriages. Pregnancy tests weren't as good in the late 70's early 80's to know about early pregnancies. My son had a baby that died at 6 months gestation and he has decided not to have any more.

We have a genetic immune deficiency disease and I have a gene for a clotting disorder.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:38 AM on Jul. 21, 2009