how many miles a day should i run to see results soon?

i want to loose some weight in 30 days

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• you need to work out for ATLEAST an hour a day about 5 days a week if possible to loose weight. you have to eat healthy too. burn more calories then you eat.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• you dont have to run, you can do other things. I would just run/jog til i couldnt...thats what i used to do, then walk off the rest of the distance and eventually you will be able to run far and fast.

if ur not already athletic or in good shape, I say slow jog around ur neighborhood so you can easily take a break, walk back home, etc. then eventually jog normal, then fast, then run. I used to run afround my whole neighborhood, about 6-miles maybe one or two breaks, didnt lose any weight tho because I didnt have much fat to lose...LOL
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Wow PURPULbutterfly you make it sound so easy but you know what I will take your advice I am going to start tomorrow.

All what you have said sounds good to me...:)

I have a treadmill and an elliptical and I only get on them whenever it has been awhile though. My dh has threaten to sell them if I don't use them...:( Thanks again!!!

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• not gonna happen. Running is for cardio not for weight loss. All you will do is hurt your knees
    Anonymous

• I've lost weight from running. It's a great way to tone up.
    Anonymous

• Anon 10:27. What in the world do you think cardio does? It strengthens your heart & helps you lose weight.
    You also do not need to work out an hour atleast 5 days a week to lose weight. Your body continues to burn calories after you stop working out. You need to try to get in your heart rate zone to burn the optimal number of calories.
    You need to add in some strength training too to even things out. Write down everything you put in your mouth so you can see where your caloric intake is.
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I try run a mile at least twice a week. I've also been taking acai supplements which really give me a nice boost of energy and it's trimming down the pounds.

You can read my blog here www.jilliansdietblog.com
    jj49

Answer by jj49 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• A few years ago I started running to lose weight and get in shape. I've been addicted ever since =)

I started out by running 5 days per week at 2.5 miles per day. At first I couldn't run the entire distance and had to alternate between walking and running; then I could jog slowly but it still felt like hell. I hated it until the 6-week mark...then I got better at running and started to enjoy it.

Once I could run 2.5 miles with relative ease, I increased my distance slowly until I could run 3 miles. Once I got up to 3 miles, I found that adding miles was relatively easy.

Now I still run 5 days per week, for 5-8 miles at a time. Once you build muscle and find your pace, you forget that you're running at all.

I didn't have too much weight to lose in the first place (lost 15lbs to get to my target weight), but I lost it within three months.

Eating a good diet is crucial too. Make sure to get plenty of protein!
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 3:22 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• your afterburn is greater from resistance than it is from cardio, both due to muscle repair in the short term and the added muscle tissue in the long term.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:01 PM on Jul. 24, 2009