My son is gonna have a strange/unique/cool name based on ur outlook, what do you think???

My sons name is going to be Bair DeAndre

yes Bair first not Blair

LOL

most people I have told thought it was a cool name, some kinda paused and looked at me and said it out loud a few times and then decided it wasnt bad or their choice but different and they would get excited about nick names...LOL

so what ur honest opinion and dont post anon to be mean...im asking for honesty openly and dont need the drama over my sons name.

Dom123123

Asked by Dom123123 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I like it. My girls have kinda different names. My oldest DDs name is Marleigh (pretty uncommon 3 years ago, getting alot more common now) and my youngest DDs name is Highland. :) He won't be in school with any other Bairs, that's for sure!
    MarleighsMommy

Answer by MarleighsMommy at 11:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I like Bair, but I'm not feeling the DeAndre...Bair is a really cute name though
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I don't like it, but its definitely unique. It's not awful or anything, I'm just not a fan of different names.
    Anonymous

• lol deandre is up in the air still, my hubby chose it, i dont really like deandre that much cuz its kinda common in my friends and family and i dont want anyone to think it was after them lol
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It doesn't matter whether people like it or not. Question is, will you get upset if over and over again people ask you to spell it or ask how to say it or say it's bad?

My guess is people will write Bare. Or Blair. Then the kids will make fun of it, too. Bare-A**, Bare Naked...

Sorry, I don't mean to be a downer. Just think through all the scenarios he will come up against.
    Anonymous

• I like it....I really like Bair.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• LOL anon :39 have deffinatly thot of it, we're certain too

my mom is the worst, she's always bringing up stuff to by and she'll be like:

we cant forget the infant tub so you can wash his Bair A$$
    I think its funny, i know it'll probably be hard during school or maybe by that time unique names will be excepted, any name can be made fun of, and if its really bad we put a "normal" middle name so he can go by his middle name if its that awful
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I don't think it's bad, but the other anon has a good point about "bare naked" It sounds stupid and immature to us, but teasing really hurts when a person is younger and we can let it affect us and carry it with us for so long! But really there are so many different/unique names today that maybe people wouldn't even bat an eye at it.

What does the name mean?
    Anonymous

• Highland...never heard that...I like it too

Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• oh anon :43 it started as a joke
    lol...weird right?

then I was watching man vs wild and realised the mans name was Bear Grylls and then I was like, maybe it can be a real name

Then I met someone while I was in San Francisco one day with that name and I was like

thats it, im going with Bear, and hubby always liked it cuz its masculine, Bear Bair, w/e
    any way but he just wanted to change the spelling and chose a "normal" middle name for school days, just in case
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2009