Question for former co-sleepers....

Please tell me what you did to make the transition...I am NOT trying to start a debate and before you waste your time I am against CIO! So if anyone has any good tips it would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We would try putting her in her bed since she was used to it with naps. When that didn't work we tried putting her in her bed just as she was getting really sleepy. She would wake up in the middle of the night. We would let her sleep the rest of the night with us. Slowly she started sleeping more and more in her bed and less and less in ours. We don't believe in CIO either. It took a few months but that was fine with us. Our ds has been in his own bed since he was 3 (almost 5 now) and once or twice a month will climb in with us. I have no problem letting him know that it's ok if he needs mommy and daddy every once in awhile. Our dd stopped climbing in our bed when she was 4.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Put the crib in your room let her fall asleep with u then when she is asleep place in crib, if she wakes during the night leave her in the crib but soothe her and let her know u are there and feed her whatever she needs.
    Anonymous