SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!! i have been having contractions for the past 4 days last night they got to5 minutes apart. they have stayed about that i had a dr app. today. he says my cervix is 4 cm long and i am about a fingertip dialated. but i cant get my membranes striped yet my cervix isnt ready.. HELP!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

HE said i could be having them like this for another week.. that they arent lasting long enough and they are only mild contractions. I AM MISERABLE!!! they are getting painful they start in my back move around to my belly and then they shoot down my legs.. Is there anything i can do to get things going already.. i have walked til my legs wont hold me anymore.. hubby works nights and sleeps during the day so sex is hard to do.. i am not going to use castor oil because i dont think that is healthy.. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!! my daughter was so easy i just started contracting and called the dr then the next day had her.. i really need some help there isnt anything left in my house to clean and i cant sleep because of the contractions i cant get comfortable.. HELP!!!!!!!!!! I AM LOSING MY MIND!!!! i am 37 weeks i have been having contractions for the last month but havent felt them til 4 days ago.. HELP ME GET HER GOING ALREADY!!

brittanybell

Asked by brittanybell at 11:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Breath Brittanybell relax talk to your baby, call your dr again if it gets any worse. Sounds like baby is getting ready. If baby is moving aorund I would try a hot bath and some music,alls good. If your really worried get to the hospital .if your just feeling miserable it will all be worth it. Good luck sweetie......Swedini
    Swedini

Answer by Swedini at 11:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Bouncy Ball, Squatting to open the canal, ummmmmm
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• The baby will come when the baby is ready to come. Unless you're closer to your due date, I wouldn't worry about trying to get the baby to deliver any earlier. I know you're miserable, but, why push a delivery if the baby isn't ready? It's one thing if you're 40 weeks...maybe even 39 weeks. But if it were me at 37 weeks, I wouldn't think about myself and my discomfort. I would think about my baby.
    Anonymous

• I feel your pain! I have been having contractions for over a week. I am also 5 cm dialated and about 60% thinned. Dr will not intervine unless there is something wrong with me or the baby. Try a bouncy ball and also for the back pain it helps if my husband puts pressure on the pain with tennis balls in a sock. It is almost over !!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• they said she is measuring 2 and 1/2 weeks bigger than she should... i have been contracting for 4 days now and they are now 5 minutes apart and lasting about 30 sec.. or less but the dr says they arent strong enough yet to stay at home as long as possible.. i have already tried everything i could think of i am not trying to force her out she is contracting on her own she just is taking her time and making her mother miserable.. my whole body hurts and i havent been able to get a good nights sleep for about a weeks i am worried that when i am finally ready to push i wont be able to because i will be exhausted..
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 11:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Stop walking and cleaning. Relax. Take baths. Watch TV. Lay around on your left side. Watch movies. Read. Meditate. Listen to music.

Sometimes there are student doulas that need to have birth experiences and help moms for cheap, free or barter. They usually already have training and know a lot. You could search on google for your city. A doula may be very helpful.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 11:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• well she stopped kicking and rolling around last night but she has had hiccups a lot the doc said she was fine and had a strong heartbeat.. that as labor progresses they stop moving.. i have tried hot baths it helps fo ra little bit then they get irregular..
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 11:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• now i have diarrhea. and i feel like i am going to throw up.. my hubby is at work 2 hours away.. what should i do they are still 5 minutes apart and they are only lasting for 30 to 40 seconds.
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 12:03 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I had contractions from sunday to tuesday when my daughter was born and had a hard time sleeping and what i did to get things going i sat on the rocking thing were you would put your feet, sat and rocked side to side for hours at a time....Hope this helps and hope she comes and try to get rest because as you know pushing and not having energy does not work. I was you the best.
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 21, 2009