My 1 year old fell and I don't know what to do.

Today me and my 1 year old were running a few errands. First I was at the doctors office and (mind you she she always sits in chairs like a pro)she fell off the chair and hit her forehead. She was fine and the floors were carpeted. She cried and then after consoling her she went and played with another child there. When we got home we were walking in the back yard and she fell again on her forehead. This time a little harder. So i took her inside cleaned her up and got her ready for lunch. All of a sudden she threw up and me being a first time mom I thought her milk went down wrong. So i gave her a bath kept her up for an hour and she took an hour nap. She woke up fine, played ate dinner and had a normal day. I just spoke to my sister and she told me vomiting wasn't normal and to take her to the E.R. Now even though my sister is very wise she can be a bit paranoid. So my question is should I take her to the ER?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does her doc have an after hours line? I would call that first. Vomiting could be a sign of a concussion.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Just to be sure and on the safe side, I would take her.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 11:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Yes i would take her, even though it may have been the milk for safety's sake you should know that throwing up is a sign of a concussion. Hope everything is fine , good luck.

Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I would call the ER and ask. I think your sister may be right, vomiting expecially if she has just suffered a fall and hit to her head may indicate something wrong. You want to make sure that she is 100%. If they tell you to bring her in be sure to keep her away from the other children because of the flu going around and insist on a head scan to rule everything out.
    Dreambaby15

Answer by Dreambaby15 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I would call the doctor. You get exposed to all kinds of illness at the ER and have to wait for hours.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:12 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• if she already napped and a few hours have past i'd say she's fine, follow our gut!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:14 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• If you are really concerned, then call the doctor. Also, look at her eyes. Are her pupils dilated? Is she seeming more uncoordinated than usual? These are both warning signs that would mean a trip straight to the ER. Good luck, and I hope she gets to feeling better soon!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:31 AM on Jul. 21, 2009