What kind of studies have you done with your child for the summer?

Now that school is out for the summer but almost close to reopening...What kind of studies have you done with your child to keep them afloat for school?

Getting them prepared for school.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Nothing at all. My boys love to read, so they've kept that up all summer, but aside from that, we've just been taking it easy. School only ended here on June 29th so we haven't even been out a month yet, and we go back on Sept 9, so lots of summer left here. I think maybe closer to Sept, I'll have them take out some books in french to brush up on the french reading and encourage them to speak french to each other to get back into the rhythm of it, but I don't do anything other than that over the summer. By the way, my boys are in french immersion, that's why the emphasis on french.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My kids have not realy done anyting. we play the animal game or abc game in the car thats fun for them and they learn along they way
    twistedcandy

Answer by twistedcandy at 12:32 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Nothing. My son reads and loves to practice math on his own. He has primarily lived in our pool and played with friends. I did the reading test his teacher said to do over the summer he went up another reading level so what we do apparently works.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Nothing. It's summer. Kids need down time, time to relax and have fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• He had to read. Had to do a math sheet about 3 days a week or so. ....We are HSing and school has already started for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• We read every day... but that is fun! We try to do 2 or 3 worksheets a day and we play lots of games. Other than that, its all fun -- fun for them, that is:)
    crousehaus

Answer by crousehaus at 11:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2009